Boston Area Clubs - current and old.
- The Abbey - Somerville...3 Beacon Street, Somerville.
Closed Nov. 2008
- All Asia - Mass Ave, Cambridge. Closed July, 2013.
- The Ark - 15 Lansdowne St - became the home of
the Boston Tea Party
- Atwoods - 877 Cambridge St., Cambridge
- Avalon - 15 Lansdowne St, Boston previously Ark and Boston-Boston.
- Axis - 13 Lansdowne St, Boston, later was Spit.
- BAC - The Boston Architectural Society. 320 Newbury
- Baseball Tavern - Fenway, 1270 Boylston St.
- Beachcomber - 797 Quincy Shore Dr, Quincy. Closed 2016.
- BFVF - 39 Brighton Ave
- Bills Bar - 5 Lansdowne St., Boston
- The Birdcage - Combat Zone, Essex St, Boston
- Boston-Boston - 15 Lansdowne, Boston became Metro and then Avalon
- Boston Tea Party - 53 Berkeley St, Boston and Lansdowne
- Bradford Ballroom - 279 Tremont St, Boston. Now the Royale
- Brighton Elks - Late 1990's venue in Brighton Center
- Hardcore shows
- Brighton Music Hall - 186 Brighton Ave, Allston.
Formally Harper's Ferry
- Bunratty’s - 186 Harvard Avenue, Allston - later
Local 186 - Now The Wonder Bar
- Cambridge Elks Lodge - 55 Bishop Richard Allen
Drive, Cambridge. Hardcore shows.
- Cantab Lounge - 738 Mass Ave, Central Square
- Cantones - 69 Broad St, Financial Zone.
- The Catacombs - 1120 Boylston St, Boston. 1960's
- The Causeway - 65 Causeway Street, North Station
was Chet's Last Call
- The Channel - 25 Necco St, Fort Point Channel area.
Earlier called The Mad Hatter.
- Charlie's Kitchen - 10 Eliot St, Harvard Square.
- Chet's Last Call - 65 Causeway Street, North Station
- City Winery - 80 Beverly Street, North Station
- The Chopping Block - 724 Huntington Ave, Brigham Circle. 2003-2004
- Church - 69 Kilmarnock St Boston. Closed 2015.
- City Winery - 80 Beverly Street , Boston, MA, 02114
- The Club - 823 Mass Ave, Cambridge - later became
- Club 3 Somerville Ave - became Lilli's and then
- Club 47 - orig location 47 Mt Auburn now Passim's at 47 Palmer
- Club Zircon - Cambridge.
- Compass Lounge - Yarmouth, Cape Cod
- Copperfields - 98 Brookline Ave, Boston.
- Crosstown Bus - 337 Washington St, Brighton Center
60's club...Doors played there
- Cuisine en Locale - 156 Highland Ave, Somerville.
- The Democracy Center - 45 Mt Auburn St., Cambridge
- Down Under - 15 New Chardon St, Government Center.
- Dummies - 967 Comm Ave, Allston. Became the Paradise.
- Emily's - downtown crossing in 2001 for a brief
- Gallery East - 24 East St, South Station. Building
- Gladstones - 1239 Commonwealth Ave Boston
- Great Scott's - 1222 Commonwealth Ave, Boston
- Green Street Grill - Central Square
- Green Street Station - Green St, Jamaica Plain...building
- Hardcore Stadium - 55 Bishop Allen Dr., Cambridge
- Harper's Ferry - 186 Brighton Ave,Allston, now
Brighton Music Hall
- The Hideaway - Fresh Pond, Cambridge
- The Honey Lounge downstairs in the Pour House - 907 Boylston St, Boston
- Hong Kong Restaurant 1238 Mass Ave, Harvard Square.
- House of Blues Lansdowne St, Boston
- Inn-Square Men's Bar - Inman Square, 1350 Cambridge
St. Closed in 1984.
- Jacks - 952 Mass Ave, Cambridge
- Jacques Underground - 79 Broadway, Boston 2015
- Jaspers - 379 Somerville Ave, Somerville 1980-81
- Jazz Workshop - Boylston Street, Boston
- Jonathan Swifts - 30 Harvard Sq, Cambridge
- Johnny D's - 85 Harvard Ave, Allston
- Johnny D's Uptown - Davis Square, 17 Holland St, Somerville - Closed 3/13/16
- Jumbo's - 1133 Broadway, Somerville
- Jumpin' Jack Flash - 88 Queensbury St, building
- The Jungle - Union Sq, 6 Sanborn Ct, Somerville.
- K-K-K-Katty's - 533 Comm Ave, Kenmore Square. Part
of complex with Narcissus/Celebration
- The Kirkland Cafe - Somerville...now a restaurant.
- Lilly Pad - Inman Square, Somerville
- The Linwood - 69 Kilmarnock St....became Church.
- Lizard Lounge - 1667 Mass Ave, Cambridge.
- Local 186 - Allston, was Bunratty's
- Loretta's Last Call - 1 Lansdowne Street, Boston - 2017
- Lucifer's - Kenmore Sq
- The Mad Hatter - later became the Channel
- The Main Act - Harbor House, Lynn, MA
- Mama Kin Music Hall - 36 Lansdowne St. Owned by
- Manray - Central Sq, Cambridge. Closed 2005.
- Mavericks - Financial District - 112 Broad St.
- McGanns Irish Pub - 197 Portland St, Boston
- Media Workshop - 367 Boylston St, Fifth floor. Boston
- Metro - 13-15 Lansdowne St. Formally Boston, Boston...later
Avalon, now House of Blues.
- Middle East - 472-480 Mass Ave, Central Sq
- Midway - 3496 Washington St, Jamaica Plain
- Narcissus - 533 Commonwealth Ave, Kenmore Sq.
- O Brien's - 3 Harvard Ave, Allston
- Oliver's - 62 Brookline Ave.....now The Cask and
Flagon (since 1973) ...VU played here.
- Out of the Blue Too Art Gallery and more - Central Sq. Started in 2015
- The Overdraught - now Atwood's
- P.A.'s Lounge - 345 Somerville Ave, Somerville. Became Union Tavern in Jan. 2019
- The Paradise - 967 Comm Ave, Allston .Formally
- Paul's Mall/Jazz Workshop - 733 Boylston, Boston
- The Performance Center - Harvard Square
- Pete's Grille - 540 South St, Boston
- Plough and Stars - 912 Mass Ave, Cambridge
- Precinct - Union Square, Somerville
- Presidents Rock Club- Quincy. Few shows in 2013-14. Closed July 27, 2014.
- Psychedelic Supermarket - 590 Comm Ave...Cream
played. Building gone.
- Radio - 379 Somerville Ave, Somerville
- The Ratskeller aka The Rat - 528
Commonweslth Ave 1974-97.
- Red Star Union - One Kendal Square, Cambridge 02139
- Roggies - 356 Chestnut Hill Ave, Brighton - 2014
- Rosebud - 381 Summer St, Davis Square, Somerville
- Royale - 279 Tremont St, Boston.
- Sally O'Brien's - Somerville Ave, Somerville
- Sinclair - Harvard Square
- Skybar - Somerville Ave, Somerville
- Sonia - 10 Brookline St - Previously TT's now part
of the Middle East complex
- Soundstage - 823 Mass Ave, Cambridge - formally
- The Space - Financial District, 76 Batterymarch St.
- Spit - 15 Lansdowne Street, Boston. Previously
- Store 54 - Harvard Ave, Allston
- Storyville - Kenmore Square 645 Beacon St. Opened 6/15/82.
- Streets - 1239 Comm Ave near Harvard Ave Opened 1981.
- The Square Root - 2 Corinth St., Roslindale. Started
- Tam - 1648 Beacon St., Brookline
- Tennis Up - Combat Zone
- Thayer Street - 38 and 24 Thayer Street...loft
- Thunder Road - 379 Somerville Ave, Somerville. Previously Radio.
- Toad - 1912 Mass Ave, Porter Square
- TT the Bears - 10 Brookline St,Central Square. 1973-2015.
- The Underground - 1110 Comm Ave. 1979-6/14/1981.
- The Unicorn - Boylston Street across from Pru Center - 60's club.
- The Union Tavern as of January 2019. 345 Somerville Ave, Somerville. Formally PA's Lounge.
- The Upstairs Lounge
- Where It's At - several locations in the late 60's.
- Wonder Bar - Harvard Ave, Allston, used to be Bunratty's. Just a few shows in 2008-09
- Workshop - Quincy. Six months in 2014. Closed by Police 11/29/14
- Zeitgeist Gallery - Inman Square, Somerville. Now
the Lilly Pad.
- Zu Zu's - Part of the Middle East complex
- 1270 Club - Fenway 1980