Boston Area Clubs - current and old.
- The Abbey - Somerville...3 Beacon Street, Somerville.
Closed Nov. 2008
- All Asia - Mass Ave, Cambridge. Closed July, 2013.
- The Ark - 15 Lansdowne St - became the home of
the Boston Tea Party
- Avalon - 15 Lansdowne St, Boston previously Ark and Boston-Boston.
- Axis - Lansdowne St, Boston, later was Spit.
- BAC - The Boston Architectural Society. 320 Newbury
- Baseball Tavern - Fenway, 1270 Boylston St.
- Beachcomber - 797 Quincy Shore Dr, Quincy
- BFVF - 39 Brighton Ave
- Bills Bar - 5 Lansdowne St
- The Birdcage - Combat Zone, Essex St, Boston
- Boston-Boston - 15 Lansdowne, Boston became Metro and then Avalon
- Boston Tea Party - 53 Berkeley St, Boston and Lansdowne
- Bradford Ballroom - 279 Tremont St, Boston. Now the Royale
- Brighton Elks - Late 1990's venue in Brighton Center
- Hardcore shows
- Brighton Music Hall - 186 Brighton Ave, Allston.
Formally Harper's Ferry
- Bunratty’s - 186 Harvard Avenue, Allston - later
Local 186 - Now The Wonder Bar
- Cambridge Elks Lodge - 55 Bishop Richard Allen
Drive, Cambridge. Hardcore shows.
- Cantab Lounge 738 Mass Ave, Central Square
- Cantones 69 Broad St, Financial Zone.
- Charlie's Kitchen - 10 Eliot St, Harvard Square.
- The Catacombs - 1120 Boylston St, Boston. 1960's
- The Causeway - 65 Causeway Street, North Station
was Chet's Last Call
- The Channel - Necco Way, Fort Point Channel area.
Earlier called The Mad Hatter.
- Chet's Last Call - 65 Causeway Street, North Station
- The Chopping Block 724 Huntington Ave 2003-2004
- Church - 69 Kilmarnock St Boston. Closed 2015.
- The Club - 823 Mass Ave, Cambridge - later became
- Club 3 Somerville Ave - became Lilli's and then
- Club 47 orig location 47 Mt Auburn now at 47 Palmer
- Club Zircon - Cambridge.
- Compass Lounge - Yarmouth, Cape Cod
- Copperfields - Fenway, Boston.
- Crosstown Bus 337 Washington St, Brighton Center
60's club...Doors played there
- Cuisine en Locale - 156 Highland Ave, Somerville.
- The Democracy Center - 45 Mt Auburn St., Cambridge
- Down Under - 1 New Chardon St, Government Center.
- Dummies - 967 Comm Ave, Allston. Became the Paradise.
- Emily's - downtown crossing in 2001 for a brief
- Gallery East - South Station. Building destroyed.
- Gladstones - 1239 Commonwealth Ave Boston
- Great Scott's - 1222 Commonwealth Ave, Boston
- Green Street Grill - Central Square
- Green Street Station - Green St, Jamaica Plain...building
- Hardcore Stadium 55 Bishop Allen Dr., Cambridge
- Harper's Ferry - 186 Brighton Ave,Allston, now
Brighton Music Hall
- The Hideaway Fresh Pond, Cambridge
- The Honey Lounge downstairs in the Pour House - 907 Boylston St, Boston
- House of Blues Lansdowne St, Boston
- Inn Square Men's Bar - Inman Square, Cambridge.
- Jacks Mass Ave, Cambridge
- Jacques Underground 79 Broadway, Boston 2015
- Jaspers Somerville 1980-81
- Jazz Workshop Boylston Street, Boston
- Jonathan Swifts Harvard Sq, Cambridge
- Johnny D's - Harvard Ave, Allston
- Johnny D's Uptown - Davis Square, Somerville Closed 3/13/16
- Jumbo's - 1133 Broadway, Somerville
- Jumpin' Jack Flash - corner of Kilmarnock and Queensbury
St, building gone.
- K-K-K-Katty's - Kenmore Square Part of complex
- The Kirkland Cafe - Somerville...now a restaurant.
- Lilly Pad - Inman Square, Somerville
- The Linwood - 69 Kilmarnock St....now Church.
- Lizard Lounge - 1667 Mass Ave, Cambridge.
- Local 186 - Allston, was Bunratty's
- Lucifer's - Kenmore Sq
- The Mad Hatter - later became the Channel
- The Main Act - Harbor House, Lynn, MA
- Mama Kin Music Hall - Lansdowne St...owned by Aerosmith.
- Manray - Central Sq, Cambridge. Closed 2005.
- Mavericks - Financial District.
- Metro - Lansdowne St..formally Boston, Boston...later
Avalon, now House of Blues.
- Middle East - 472-480 Mass Ave, Central Sq
- Midway - Jamaica Plain
- O Brien's - Harvard Ave, Allston
- Oliver's 62 Brookline Ave.....now The Cask and
Flagon (since 1973) ...VU played here.
- Out of the Blue Too Art Gallery and more - Central Sq. Started in 2015
- The Overdraught - now Atwood's
- P.A.'s Lounge - Somerville Ave, Somerville.
- The Paradise - 967 Comm Ave, Allston .Formally
- Paul's Mall/Jazz Workshop - 733 Boylston, Boston
- The Performance Center - Harvard Square
- Plough and Stars - Mass Ave, Cambridge
- Precinct Union Square, Somerville
- Presidents Rock Club Quincy. Few shows in 2013-14. Closed July 27, 2014.
- Psychedelic Supermarket - 590 Comm Ave...Cream
played. Building gone.
- Radio Somerville Ave, Somerville
- The Ratskeller aka The Rat 1974-97.
- Red Star Union - One Kendal Square, Cambridge 02139
- Roggies 356 Chestnut Hill Ave, Brighton - 2014
- Rosebud - 381 Summer St, Davis Square, Somerville
- Royale - 279 Tremont St, Boston.
- Sally O'Brien's - Somerville Ave, Somerville
- Sinclair - Harvard Square
- Skybar - Somerville Ave, Somerville
- Soundstage - 823 Mass Ave, Cambridge - formally
- The Space - Financial District, 76 Batterymarch St.
- Spit - Lansdowne Street, Boston. Previously Axis.
- Store 54 - Harvard Ave, Allston
- Storyville - Kenmore Square... early 80's
- Streets - Comm Ave near Harvard Ave Opened 1981.
- Tam - Beacon St.
- Tennis Up - Combat Zone
- Thayer Street - 38 and 24 Thayer Street...loft
- Toad - Porter Square
- TT the Bears - 10 Brookline St,Central Square. Closed 2015.
- The Underground - Comm Ave
- The Unicorn - Boylston Street across from Pru Center - 60's club.
- The Upstairs Lounge
- Where It's At - several locations in the late 60's.
- Workshop Quincy. Six months in 2014. Closed by Police 11/29/14
- Zeitgeist Gallery- Inman Square, Somerville. Now
the Lilly Pad.
- 1270 Club - Fenway 1980